Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Cold Day

So today the high temperature was 26 degrees, according to wunderground.com. All I wanted to do this morning was to turn off my alarm, roll over and go back to sleep. But no, all school in the area, including the community college, were closed, except my university. The ten minute walk to the science building from my dorm was reduced to seven minutes. There's only one explanation. It was cold. It was flipping cold this morning. When I returned to my warm dorm room, I got to see my roommate before we both had to leave for lunch. She laughed at my cold wind-burned face. 


At lunch, my friends and I were all sitting at a table and my roommate called me. "It's snowing!!" She said. I walk over to the glass door. "It's not snowing," I replied. "Look carefully!" Sure enough there were little flakes of snow coming down from the overcast sky. Sure, it wasn't a snow flurry, and certainly not enough to cancel classes. But we can always hope. 


But the cold weather definitely doesn't make me want to do anything except sit curled up with my books and read. Although I feel that my brain is frozen, I think I can still get some reading done. :)


"And the choice we make at these moments define us for eternity" - Robin Hood BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment