Friday, March 4, 2011

Family

Right now, I'm sitting at a computer on the third floor of Moody in the monastery quiet level room. (If you don't know where it is, it's that big room that's through the big double glass doors, next to the Music Library.)

This thought came to me a little while ago when I was sitting at the lunch table with my friends. I was sitting at one end with my best friend, Kara, and my big brother, Charlie. He's not really my big brother, but he acts like my big brother, all protective, gives me advice and who I can text random stuff when I find something funny.

Kara is closer than a sister. I truly feel blessed to have her as my best friend here at Baylor. I don't know what I would do without her. Who would make me laugh at college when my sister back home used to do that?

Hannah still makes me laugh over texts. I feel closer to her than I have in a long time. I love going home to Bryan-College Station to see her and the rest of my family. It's getting close to Spring Break (well, for Baylor, at least) and I'm literally counting down the hours till my dad comes and gets me Friday afternoon. I miss my family when I'm away from home. That's kind of why I am so ready for Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment