Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday's a Good Day

For me, studying French can be frustrating. One, because it's studying and I don't really want to do it. Two, because I'm super tired from dance practice and it's hard to concentrate when I just want to be a couch potato and not do anything. But when I look back on today, I feel that I can get through studying till 11. Maybe after this blog. :)


Anyways, at my church this morning, I was in the car with one of my friends and one of the moms in the church walks by with her three girls. She comes to say hi to my friend and then asks me if I'm Tori. I told her yes ma'am and she told me that Saturday after everyone from my campus ministry group left after the cookout we had at their home, her daughters asked her who, of the college students, was her favorite. After informing her three daughters that all the students were her favorite, they proceeded to tell her that I was their favorite. Just for the record, that conversation definitely made my day.


This morning when I woke up, I found that I had a round brownish colored bruise on my right shoulder. It didn't take me more than a second to realize where I got it from. In dance rehearsal yesterday, the choreography for the dance called for a shoulder roll. So we did a lot of shoulder rolls. Unfortunately, that means boney little Tori's shoulder was going to get sore and bruised. Nonetheless, I was very proud of my bruise and proceeded to show off my bruise to any who would listen to my story. Many of my athletic friends understood my pride of my "battle scar" because they too have had several "battle scars." 


Looking forward to this week. It looks like it will be busy, but a good one. There is a NYT report due this week so...maybe a good week after that. :D

1 comment:

  1. Yay for battle scars. I will have to show you my shoulder roll bruise if I can ever find the picture I have of it. It was epic. To the point where my gymnastics team president told me not to do shoulder rolls on beam for a couple days. =P And yay that you get to be in BDC!

    ReplyDelete