Friday, January 28, 2011

First Blog Entry

So I got this idea from a couple friends, but the encouragement for this really came from my friend, Danielle, who said that she would read my blog if I started one. :) So I guess my first entry would be about why I want to write this blog. 


The first idea for this entry was to talk about the title, but then I remembered the first title that I wanted to use: "Fighting Dragons." Fighting Dragons, for me, is my analogy of my struggles in life. As a first year college student, there were definitely tons of struggles. I won't bore you, but I definitely found that as I entered my second semester, I've become more skilled in fighting dragons and it's only because of God that I have the strength, will, and passion to do this. 


The title that I ended up using is "Dancing Through Life." I chose this name because I am a dancer. I am currently a member of a dance company. And I love it so much. At the first rehearsal, we did an improv circle. It felt so good to just let go and let the music take you. I didn't know what I was doing because I was letting the music govern what movements I did. On a daily basis, you can find with my ear phones on listening to my favorite music like Mumford & Sons, John Rzeznik, A Fine Frenzy, and William Fitzsimmons. Music is apart of my life, ever since I was in grade school. Music is a gift, so enjoy!


"When your life is governed by music, it's hard NOT to dance" - me

1 comment:

  1. Yay blog! I can't believe I get to be the first to comment! I wish I could dance spontaneously, that I could dance well. Alas, the few moves thrown into a gymnastics routine don't really count. I look on people like you who are naturals at it with envy.

    ReplyDelete