Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Starting Something New

So whenever I start something new...like a blog, or a book, or writing a new story, or even a new job, I get very, very, very nervous. Am I going to like doing/reading/working this blog or book or story or job? Will I be good at any of those things? Will I be able to finish? I usually don't sleep very well the night before.

Today I started a new job. Completely new, no experience with the co-workers, new environment, new everything. Last night, I tossed and turned the entire night, waking up at random hours like 4:45 and 5:14 in the morning. However, the new job is actually slightly fun...well, the people are. Basically I sit behind a desk for 3 and a half hours in the afternoon and hope that someone comes in with something for me to do. It's a great kick-off for my summer, which started out not so busy. But with work, classes, and family, this summer might turn into one of my busiest ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment