Thursday, April 7, 2011

Running and Stepping Out

So I am running a 5K next Saturday through Cameron Park with Xterra. It kind of freaked me out to realize that it's only a week away. I'm planning a long run tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime. But even so, I have no idea what I'm doing. All I know is that I'm running. I'm running as fast and as hard as I can and surviving. When I run, I feel happy, at least if the weather is clear. I'm kinda nervous because I know that it might be harder than anything I have ever done before. I'm hoping that I will be able to finish. 

So RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) is participating in Stepping Out on Saturday. For my Aggie friends, it's kind of like Big Event, except there is this novelty called the Baylor Bubble and Stepping Out is a literal stepping out into the Waco community and helping the Wacoans for a Saturday morning. I've participated in Big Event before when I was in high school. Aggie students came to my house two years in a row and helped clear out behind our garage and build up garden beds. 

I am excited to be able to do something like this for the community here. And I'm even more excited to do it with my RUF friends. It's giving back to the community with our time and energy that we might be able to make a difference on Waco and those who live here.


No comments:

Post a Comment